So I didn’t read as many comics and manga which seems to be a continuous annoyance for me. If you have any thoughts on ways to up my comic reading count let me know in the comments. I wanted to continue a lot of series but I always find I’m forgetting what happened in the last volume. Although I did read some awesome manga this year and my favourite is at the top of this list. It is a mixture of history, myth and thriller. It had some fantastic characters that embodied all types of human struggle. Plus the artwork was exceptional especially the landscapes which I always wish I could draw. Well let’s get on with the list let me know in the comments if you have read any on my list or what were your favourite comics and manga of 2019.
10. Bitch Planet Volume 2 President Bitch by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Valentine De Landro
Opinion: It was an improvement on the last volume with a faster pace to the story. It still didn’t have that wow factor partly due to it being a build up volume.
9. Guardians of the Galaxy New Guard Volume 1 Emperor Quill by Brian Michael Bendis, Valerio Schiti, Richard Isnaove, Cory Petit, Arthur Adams and Jason Keith
Opinion: It is a very cheeky and fun story. With some characters that I haven’t met before but there is definitely that team camaraderie.
8. Sandman Volume 1 Preludes and Nocturnes by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth, Mike Dringenberg, Malcom Jones III and Karen Berger
Opinion: This was such incredible and out this world type of story. At times it did feel a bit much but some fascinating characters in it.
7. Captain Marvel Volume 2 Stay Fly by Kelly Sue DeConnick, Marcio Takara and David Lopez
Opinion: This was very a safe story which i thoroughly enjoyed but I wanted more danger in it. Although I liked that she touched on the things you would usually do in human life.
6. Injustice Volume 1 Gods Among Us by Tom Taylor, Jheremy Raapack, Mike S. Miller, Tom Derenick and David Yardin
Opinion: Wow this was intense and gripping comic. This also had immense amount of politics in it which i loved and found very refreshing that they discussed the political view from all angels.
5. Mockingbird Volume 1 I Can Explain by Chelsea Cain and Kate Niemczyk
Opinion: This was a great comic because it had so much dark humour in it. Plus this badass female character at the helm.
4. Sailor Moon Pretty Guardian Volume 1 by Naoko Takeuchi and Arnaldo Massato Oka
Opinion: This was so much fun to read as my getting back into manga book as it just brought out all that childhood nostalgia in me. Plus it is great story with lots of twists and turns.
3. Captain Marvel Volume 1 Higher, Further, Faster, More by Kelly Sue DeConnick and David Lopez
Opinion: I really loved this first volume as it had great comedy but also struggles that made you connect with the characters. Also there was this excitement of a new adventure throughout.
2. Saga Volume 4 by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples
Opinion: It was a hard volume to read as it dealt with a lot of everyday relatable struggles for people and that really hit me hard. It still retained that thrill and tension of who is going to be after them next.
1. Golden Kamuy Volume 1 by Satoru Noda
Opinion: The history behind it and beauty of the landscapes made this a joy to read. It is also a stunning story of friendship.
As always keep geeking!
Don’t forget to say Hi to me on my Social Mediaring:
© 2020 Emily Claire Cannings